Tax Issues of Buying and Selling Businesses
There can be complex issues to consider when someone is selling a business and this course aims to cover all aspects of this area, as well as considering the transaction from the purchaser’s perspective. Specifically, we will cover:
- The tax treatment of different consideration, including deferred consideration
- Making sure that the purchase can get business asset disposal relief
- Compliance aspects including clearance
- Structuring the deal where the purchaser is not a third party, including employee transactions
- Issues for the purchaser including financing of the deal
If you are buying 5 or more places across all courses, please select the "5 or more" ticket type.