The course will cover areas that practitioners encounter when dealing with clients with residential and commercial property interests.
Topics covered include:
- Problem areas in the rental computation
- When to claim relief on furnishings
- Joint tenants or tenants in common?
- Allocating rental profits between property owners
- When to use declarations of trust and Form 17
- Common issues for clients letting student houses
- Furnished holiday lets
- VAT and direct tax issues for developers
- Issues with the VAT domestic reverse charge in the construction industry
- Principal private residence relief
- CGT reporting
- Use of family trust for gifts of property
- IHT planning with residential buy to let portfolios
- SDLT issues when dealing with residential and commercial property
If you are buying 5 or more places across all courses, please select the "5 or more" ticket type.