Property Accounting Issues
Most practitioners act for clients that have some accounting issues relating to property. Many act for professional landlords, property traders or property developers. Most other clients will own or rent property – which create their own accounting challenges. This session will look in depth at all the relevant issues and consider solutions in the event that either FRS 102 or FRS 105 is being applied.
Topics covered include:
- Accounting implications of raising finance for property transactions
- Classifying properties in financial statements
- Investment property accounting – frequently asked questions
- When should property developers recognise revenue?
- Construction contract accounting – key tips and traps
- FRS 102 v FRS 105 – key similarities and differences